Hey! You! Before you read through this, it’s very important to note: if you are doing a quest, you MUST use the item it asks for- NOT the Rose Colored or Apocryphal version!
Why am I stuck in the Guild Hall?!
– It seems you have chosen a Race/Class/Deity combo that you don’t have permission for.
Well then how do I make my Iksar Monk?
– Create a non expansion-restricted Race/Class/Deity combo and unlock access to Kunark for your account!
What do you mean expansion-restricted Race/Class/Deity combo?
– This is a personal (account based) progression server. Until you unlock the expansion required (ie. Kunark for Iksars, Luclin for Vah-Shir/Beastlords, and PoP for Berserkers) you won’t be able to leave the Guild Hall with those combinations of Race/Class/Deity.
Ok, so how do I unlock these expansions?
– You can slay dragons (specific raid target kills) or hunt for specific rare, apocryphal items in each expansion!
What expansions can I unlock on Retribution?
– All players begin in Classic, and can unlock Kunark, Velious, Luclin, and Planes of Power!
What classes do you recommend?
– Honestly every class has access to some great AA to start with, and the availability of Apocryphal and Rose Colored gear make every class pretty awesome. That being said, here are some solid choices:
– If you are going to 1box: Necro, Mage, Enchanter, Shaman, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, or Shadowknight are solid choices.
– If you are going to 2box: Any pet class + any healer | Any pet class + Pacifier, Puller, or CC (Cleric/Paladin/Bard/Enchanter/SK) | Any melee DPS class + healer
– If you are going to 3box: Any 2box suggestion + whatever you are missing (ie. something to take damage, something to heal the damage they take, and something to deal damage)
Ok, cool. I made my characters, now where do I start?
– Open your AA window (Alt+V by default) and see what AA you started with. Make a hotkey for any active AA’s you have by clicking on the AA and clicking Make Hotkey. Drag it to your bar to use it.
– You’ll notice one of your starting AA is Bazaar Portal. (If it shows as Origin, you may need to download and run the patcher again). You’ll also notice you started with a book. Right click and read the book. Click your newly made Bazaar Portal hotkey, and turn in that book to the Fading Memory in Bazaar. This will give you your first two pieces of Apocryphal Gear!
Awesome! So, how do I get back to where I was?
– Well, you can go back to your starting zone by hailing the Return Home NPC near where you teleported into Bazaar at, OR you can pick one of four locations to teleport to using the Magic Map inside the big building in the Bazaar.
The… magic… map?
– It functions as a guild teleporter. Buy a stone from the NPC next to the map, and hand it back in to them to change the destination of the map! All you have to do is click the map and confirm where you want to go. This is very useful for getting together your friends and boxes!
Oh right, my boxes. Why can I only have 3?
– We decided on a three box limit so that one player can play whatever class they want and have enough support to clear all group content on their own AND still come together with other players to crush harder content. That being said, you may have a 4th box logged in to port, buff, or be a trader for you in the bazaar!
Now that I’ve hit 51, farmed some gear and some AA’s, how do I unlock the next expansion?
-You have two options for each expansion. As an example, I’ll tell you exactly what to do to unlock Kunark, but the rest you will have to work together to figure it out.
-You can either earn enough progression points by slaying dragons (ie. Naggy and Vox) or by completing a collection quest that includes four specific items (ie. Apocryphal Elemental Binder, Apocryphal Djarn’s Amethyst Ring, Apocryphal Crown of the Froglok Kings, and the Apocryphal Scalp of the Ghoul Lord).
Wow, I might need some better gear if I want to raid…
– Apocryphal gear from any group mobs have highly enhanced stats based on the core item. You can farm some yourself or check out what players are selling in the Bazaar. If you want an easy way to search, check out The Retribution Bazaar on Magelo
That’s some nice gear… but I quit before Heroic Stats and all this other stuff, what does it all do?
- Heroic Intelligence: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen an int-based caster can have.
- Heroic Wisdom: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a wis-based caster can have.
- Heroic Strength: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by melee attacks and improves the bonus granted to armor class while using a shield. (10 Heroic STR increases each Melee Hit by 1 point)
- Heroic Stamina: Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have.
- Heroic Agility: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill, and reduces falling damage.
- Heroic Dexterity: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.
- Heroic Charisma: Improves reaction rolls with some NPCs and increases the amount of faction you gain or lose when faction is adjusted.
- Spell Power: Increases the damage done by spells and procs by 1 damage per point.
- Heal: Increases the healing done by spells and procs by 1 health per point.
- Accuracy: Increases chance to hit by 1% per 15 points.
- Attack: Increases… your attack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’ve seen people talking about MQ, is Macroquest allowed?
– MQ is fine for some basic functionality. We even have some developers that player here. However it is to be understood that warping and unattended play are forbidden. Don’t be a tool and follow the rules outlined in Discord.